Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Leidos is seeking an IBM Mainframe Operator to be a member of IBM Services Team and will be assigned to work part-time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will provide Mainframe Operator Services and manage, operate and maintain IBM Mainframes.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as an Operator for the mainframe environment, which provides mainframe systems support for -wide customers in an enterprise data center environment.
- Responsible for the monitoring, operations, integrity, and technical support of the Department’s IBM System mainframe environment.
- Perform systems operation support, including mainframe operator administration and general troubleshooting.
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository.
- Provide monitoring support for mainframe LPARS across all datacenters. Check all monitors for alarms and ensure tickets are open on selected sites down.
- Answer incoming calls and direct request to system engineers, if problems can’t be resolved quickly.
- Performs facility checks.
- Continuously monitor for high priority ticket outages or major issues.
- Perform status updates to BMC system on any open tickets and follow up with customers.
- Return incoming offsite tapes to IBM tape silo.
- Check and make available enough scratch tapes for stand-alone tape drives.
- Distribute paper to copiers and printers.
- Submit resource information to monthly billing report process.
- Load Backup tapes in VNS Servers.
- Verify Batch Jobs for are in the queue for execution.
- Cancel or release and start batch jobs per user request on mainframe LPARs.
- Assist customers with starting VPS printers.
- Recycle customer’s ONLINEs per request.
- Release and start system initiators.
- IPL system LPARs during monthly mainframe outage.
- IPL system LPARs per request.
- Check status of HIDRO backups.
- High School diploma with 4+ years’ experience
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Hands-on knowledge of Mainframe Operations is required for this position
- Ability to determine, analyze and resolve software and device related problems
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to develop positive relationships with customers, team members, vendor service providers and stakeholders
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead
- Ability to take direction to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels
- IBM z-series Mainframes, IBM TS7720/7740 VTL
- Operating Systems: z/OS, zLINUX, zVM
- IBM SW: JES2, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, JCL, FTP, VTAM, SMS, IBM Utilities, Tape Management Software (CA-1), CA-Scheduler
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.