Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace.
Shape, develop, and maintain HP related expertise covering both business and technical domains. Tacking the latest trends and best practices in the HP sector by performing market analysis, meeting with potential customers, engaging with research firms and developing partnerships with leaders in the HP field. Develop high-level solution designs with the latest technologies in the HP domain and leveraging existing Leidos competencies and capabilities to maximize reuse and agility. Develop blueprints and roadmaps for prototyping and delivering new HP capabilities with advanced systems that merge Leidos strengths with partner applications and platforms. Develop vision and strategy around the DoD’s
Recommend solution strategies, technologies, and tools to address technical challenges in the DoD sector related to HP. This includes software architecture and design of multiple highly available and scalable systems with integrations to databases and other DoD systems in place today.
Coordinate and communicate with the Leidos Solution Architects, Security Architects, Centers of Excellence, Communities of Practice and other Leidos technical leads and programs to align on technology roadmaps and maximize reuse of existing capabilities.
Engage with technology leaders from other Leidos Health Groups and external customers to ensure their technical requirements are understood and translated into the software design and specifications of the products and applications developed for them.
Conduct and direct research efforts on the latest HP trends, technologies, and best practices.
Serve as the chief engineer overseeing software architecture and design for multiple medium to large, complex projects within the HP group.
Work closely with Leidos product teams and centers of excellence to develop the best technical designs and approaches for new solutions.
Liaise with external and internal customer stakeholders on technical design decisions and trade-offs and ensure software solution will meet required functional, performance, and SLA thresholds.
Evaluate the selection and/or hiring of team members to ensure team has the right balance of skills and experience to implement the solution.
Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers.
Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- A Masters Degree in Compter Engineering or related field with 15+ years experience.
- Experience delivering entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Experience serving as lead architect of large and complex solutions
- Experience as technical lead and delivery.
- Experience in market research and product management.
- Experience with Human Performance solutions in the context of military applications
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Experience in Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools, and software development fundamentals.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Experience working with Leidos capabilities including Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF)
- Experience working with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience working with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Experience working with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Experience working with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Experience working with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.