The Aviation Maintenance and Integration (AMI) Division of Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer to provide onsite and remote support for multiple manned aircraft surveillance platforms and ground station computing equipment. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and continuous progress. In this fast-paced environment, you will participate in engineering activities at any point in the system development life cycle including analysis, design, development, integration, testing, acceptance, maintenance, and evaluation across multiple types of computer systems, networks, and sensors.
- Perform full life cycle support of mission systems to include: research, development, design, testing, and modification of mission equipment and ground stations.
- Perform duties in administering network, servers, clients, and operating systems. Including installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting assigned hardware and corresponding software.
- Perform hands-on maintenance and integration tasks to mission-specific equipment to include, but not limited to, servicing airborne sensors and network systems.
- Use system documentation and experience to collect, maintain, organize, and compile technical data for the aircraft and sensor systems.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to document required steps to maintain and integrate mission equipment.
- Interface between Information Assurance, Electrical, and Engineering teams to integrate sensor systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Basic understanding of IT principles and practices.
- Troubleshooting proficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in computer networks and networking systems.
- Be capable of lifting and carrying 40+ lbs for extended distances.
- Eligible to obtain an active Secret security clearance.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with DoD avionics, to include but not limited to, communication, navigation, COMSEC, and aircraft survivability equipment repair and modification.
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering, requirements tracking, testing, and validation.
- Experience developing systems for airborne ISR programs and sensors.
- Understanding of electronics principles.
- Advanced knowledge of IT principles and practices strongly desired such as certifications in Cisco, Microsoft, and Linux.
- Understanding of RMF lifecycle.
- Be capable of working independently or as a team.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technologies.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.