Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking an Occupational Safety/Health Analyst to join our NISC IV program at Leidos.
Identify hazardous workplace conditions and takes preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances.
Removes hazards and/or protects employees by guarding, revising work procedures, and training or requiring use of protective clothing and personal protective equipment.
Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that all required records are prepared and maintained. Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a citation. Investigates, prepares, and forwards as required. Reports on injuries and fatalities. Conducts safe work procedures training courses.
This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Western Service Area (WSA) Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Program and assist the District Safety and Environmental Compliance Managers (SECMs) in providing EOSH support to
Airway Facilities (AF) personnel within the LAX District Office which covers in and around San Diego or in and around Las Vegas NV. This position could be based out of either location.
The candidate will support the customer’s Asbestos, Lead, Environmental Compliance, OSH Compliance, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Safety Training, Drinking Water, and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) programs.
The candidate will participate in EOSH investigations related to potential accidental releases, mishaps, and employee complaints, as requested by the Safety & Environmental Compliance Manager (SECM).
Requires Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education, with 4-8 years of professional experience; OR 2-6 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Must have experience in one of the following areas: Industrial Hygienist (IH); Occupational Safety and Health (OSH); Hazardous Waste/Materials; and/or Implementation of FAA EOSH regulations.
- Must have experience with abatement procedures for toxic materials, and personal safety procedures.
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 25% – 50% within the Oakland District, primarily the Western Service Area, and the northern part of California.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point.
- Highly developed presentation skills, comfortable conducting training classes, self-motivated and proactive team player, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Associate Safety Professional certification/s highly desired.
- Additional experience and/or certifications in several of the following areas: Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) / Certified Lead Professional; Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- Able to be fit-tested and wear respirator, and be enrolled in Respiratory Protection Program.
- Meet all requirements necessary to climb structures and oversee Fall Protection Program; Confined Space assessment and program administration experience.
- Forklift Operator Experience, and Forklift Instructor; and Aerial Lift Operator, and Aerial Lift Instructor, are desired.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.