The SDA division at Leidos is seeking a Data Collection/Labeling Technician in Tewksbury, MA, to help create data sets for the development of advanced machine learning algorithms. The Data Collection/Labeling Technician uses a custom drawing tool to indicate the location and size of objects of interest in our Image datasets. Data labeling responsibilities will be completed for 3-D x-ray scans of baggage and body scanner images to indicate the locations of explosives and other prohibited items. This is a great opportunity for an up-and-comer to get their foot in the door of an engineering program that offers growth potential and professional development.
Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice, and include but are not limited to:
- Create data annotation polygons using custom image marking tools
- Work on computer to perform job duties by working with files and folders to organizes and backup datasets
- Effectively navigate files and folders on computer system using a keyboard and mouse.
- Identify, record and correct image metadata in Excel spreadsheet and/or the data labeling tool
- Participates in data collection activities that require abilities identified in job qualifications.
- Will require occasional travel (10-15%), domestic and international
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ability to maintain high quality work and productivity for extended durations during labeling efforts
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Windows and drawing tools, i.e. MS Paint
- Basic proficiency in MS Office application, specifically Excel
- Must have positive, team-work focused attitude and approach to work tasks. Must be a team player.
- Data collection activities requires the following abilities:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, with or without accommodation.
- Ability to take detailed notes and follow specific work instructions.
- Ability and comfort in handling test materials which include guns, knives, explosive simulants and bag clutter items
- Ability to tape test items to people as part of testing activities
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US secret security clearance - requires US Citizenship
- BA/BS with engineering focus
- Interest in engineering career path
- Current US Secret security clearance
- Experience labeling image datasets
- Experience with Linux/Unix file management and use of the command line
- Experience working with external USB drives and transferring data
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
* Hold Baggage
* Ports & Borders
* General Automation
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.