Leidos is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented, and creative Training Lead to support IT Support Services call centers, in Albuquerque, NM or Clinton, MS.
The right candidate will enhance the effectiveness of the workforce with technical and customer service training and project management through design, development, delivery, testing, and evaluation. You will work with management to assess business needs and design a wide variety of materials to support program needs. You will also interface with Leidos IT functional areas to define and implement training plans. You will update policies and procedures; maintain artifacts and programs; and identify and develop new and relevant training. Your expertise in adult learning principles and organizational skills will ensure the instructional integrity and efficacy of training. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of training solutions across Leidos support services.
- Use performance and productivity assessment of the audiences to determine knowledge and skill gaps
- Implement effective/purposeful training methods, including classroom, virtual, web-based, and individual self-study
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) across IT Support and other groups, providing technical writing, proposal support and training
- Collaborate with management and SMEs to plan training effort for future changes to IT Services procedures, systems, and applications that affect the service desks
- Set instructional standards and ensure curricula are designed to match those standards
- Establish standards for training processes and products, including program administration, course outlines, text, handouts, hands-on exercises, testing, and training evaluations
- Establish training delivery standards with evaluation and performance improvement for trainers
- Deliver training as needed across multiple technical service support desks
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs
- Evaluate training results to ensure it is meeting business needs and improving performance
- Develop the resources and technologies required to develop, manage and deliver training
- Assess existing training to identify outdated or irrelevant content, gaps in training/skills, and development opportunities for a dispersed workforce
- Act as a bridge between the training department and the business (including leadership) to enhance understanding of training and development processes and policies
- Improve data management of existing training content via a centralized training repository and work to standardize similar custom training packages
- Establish a calendar of training requests to ensure both efficient use of resources and timely delivery of training
- Gather lessons learned feedback from trainers and course evaluations from participants after each delivery to assess and improve training execution and effectiveness
- Provide detailed, written and oral presentations regarding the status of training initiatives
- Drive Leidos’ mission and values through all training and communication activities.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed to support the organization
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of professional training experience and/or instructional design experience in a technical environment or 2+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree
- Successful completion of a Public Trust security clearance investigation, prior to your start date with Leidos
- Ability to maintain a Public Trust security clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Prior experience developing and delivering technical instructional content, preferably in an IT Technical Support Center
- Understanding of enterprise IT services including networking, multifactor authentication, Active Directory, VPN, Bomgar, etc., and related business processes
- Experience using telephony and ticketing systems, preferably CXone and ServiceNOW
- Proven experience as an instructional designer in multiple delivery modalities, for multiple target audiences
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle using ADDIE, Design Thinking, Agile, or other model with ability to assess needs, design, plan, develop, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate
- Consistent track record of developing and implementing training initiatives that deliver defined learning objectives aligned to business outcomes
- Critical thinker with strategic and creative mindset, along with innovative problem solving skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven ability to work across multiple levels of an organization
- Excellent delivery and facilitation skills, and a true inborn desire to aid others in learning
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to appeal to a diverse audience
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office
Desired Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development, or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 agent or supervisor in an Technical Support Center
- Certifications from the Association for Talent Development and/or the International Society for Performance Improvement desirable
- Education or certifications in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field highly desirable
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.