Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Computer Operations Engineer to join our IT Services team in San Diego – CA.
In this role, you will provide frontline support in our IT Operations Support Center and interact heavily with large portion of the IT Services team, as well as serve as a vital link between the developers / application support teams.
Please note that this role has rotational evening shift requirement for a few days every several weeks.
- Perform batch scheduling tasks
- Support IT initiatives and projects
- Make suggestions for improvement based on the current work flow as it relates to processes and services
- Provide after-hour support as needed
- Perform maintenance and administrative tasks
- Participate in the change management process by attending Change Approval Board (CAB) meetings and assess change requests assigned to the Operations Support team
- Take the lead in resolving problems/issues as they arise, and/or reach out to developers/application team when needed
- Interact daily with manager, peer groups, and customers, as well as respond to requests for assistance
- Work on assignments that are complex in nature
- Adhere to (and assist in developing) standard practices and procedures
- Perform on-call duties as needed
- High School diploma coupled with 2-4 years of Computer Operator Specialist experience
- Experience with Tidal Enterprise Scheduler or equivalent scheduling solution
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- Experience with ServiceNow or equivalent ITSM tool
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to dialog with subordinates, peers, management, customers, and developers to resolve issues
- Capacity to work independently, or with others, under little supervision
Nice to Have Skills:
- Exposure to Critical Incident Management
- Exposure to Engineering Management (EMGT) performance monitoring
- Knowledge of Linux, UNIX, or PowerShell
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions such as NetBackup
- Conceptual understandings of Project Management, Cloud computing, Agile methodologies, Server and Storage administration, and Network operations
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.