The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has immediate openings for a Enterprise Services DevOps Lead Engineer to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our government customers and launch new and innovative products into the commercial healthcare marketplace. Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. Our engineers are at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
As part of Enterprise Services (ES), you will lead a small, agile team in the continuing development and support of the ES health domain services and platform, including the APIs, infrastructure, and micro services at the core of our products and solutions for the commercial healthcare market and federal government health customers. You will collaborate with the Lead Software Architect for HGS on roadmap planning for ES to ensure key technologies and upgrades needed to support our products and applications, as well as security patches and upgrades identified by the security engineer, are planned for and implemented. You will direct and oversee the tasking for the team, including creating and grooming the Jira backlog to support the roadmap. You will communicate ES roadmap releases to the Product Teams and technical leadership to keep products and applications on a currently-supported baseline. You will coordinate with your peers on the Leidos Enterprise Application Framework (LEAF) Team to maintain awareness of release dates and content and communicate bugs and enhancements needed for ES. You will oversee and participate in the implementation of enhancements to the CI/CD pipeline, including on-going automation of security tools and deployment strategies to support regulatory (e.g., HIPAA) and customer requirements for protecting PII/PHI data.
You will lead the team in improving the current cloud infrastructure (AWS) to achieve expected customer SLA thresholds and extending the platform to support deployments into additional cloud platforms, such as Azure. You will have current, hands-on knowledge of relevant open source infrastructure technologies, such as Kubernetes, Kafka, and Mongo, for evaluation, prototyping and spiking solutions, and making recommendations on improvements to the infrastructure. You will ensure that the platform Reference Implementation (RI) is maintained and kept current, along with the integration services, and that architecture and API documentation is kept up-to-date. You’ll contribute to the team’s objectives by leading Kanban or sprint planning, daily scrums, product reviews, and retrospectives. You’ll always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire team’s performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your teammates.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects.
- Identify areas to improve and scale our infrastructure.
- Develop tools, dashboards and utilities to diagnose and fix problems.
- Take ownership of the ES roadmap and backlog for implementation of new technologies and services as well as upgrades and patches.
- Coordinate with LEAF team on roadmap requirements and bug fixes.
- Communicate with Product Managers, product engineering leads, and technical leadership on ES roadmap releases.
- Keep the RI updated to the current ES baseline.
- Keep technical design documentation updated to the current ES baseline.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new ES development.
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices.
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems.
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with technical leadership and other engineers.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application.
- Experience serving as a team lead.
- Strong DevOps and infrastructure fundamentals: networking, databases, cloud-based distributed systems, and CI/CD processes and tools.
- Hands-on experience with containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Fluent in at least one language: Java, Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure As Code (e.g. Terraform, Helm, Ansible).
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting systems and tools.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Good understanding of information security best practices.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Familiarity with software design patterns.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience working with Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF) a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.