The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a full time Research Technician I to join our team in supporting the biomedical research at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX.
NAMRU-SA conducts gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
The ideal candidate:
- Responsible for supporting laboratory based research applying the latest scientific knowledge hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, directed energy bio effects, bioassay development, craniofacial, and infectious diseases.
- Implements and maintains research files.
- Assists with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Performs daily laboratory experiments.
- Aids in obtaining peer-reviewed manuscripts and composing annotated bibliographies.
- Assists the Government in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies related to research under contract.
- Performs daily data analysis and report such to PI and other research staff.
- Provides additional functionality incidental to research activities.
- Sets up, operates, and calibrates laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Compiles and may analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Writes and edits material for Standard Operating Procedures; service shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Reports on status of research activities.
- Handle and restrain (daily) various small and large animal species.
- Assists the Government in maintaining sterile equipment, pest control, and record keeping for contract personnel; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Aids in conducting daily and weekly inspections or areas of contractor responsibility to ensure compliance with standards.
- Aids the Government in coordinating animal procurement and shipping procedures; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Associate’s degree with two years of relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS); American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation); or equivalent. Web based classes do not meet these standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience working with various small and large animals
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Laboratory Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.