The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Subcontracts Administrator to support its Exploration and Mission Support Operation in Washington, DC or Gaithersburg, MD or Reston, VA or Webster, TX or Oak Ridge, TN. This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) subcontract management activities for multiple Federal Civilian programs.
The Senior Subcontracts Administrator will manage overall subcontract compliance for multiple programs in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
The Senior Subcontracts Administrator is responsible for activities that span the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to: negotiation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and teaming agreements, preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions, subcontract administration, issue resolution, and closeout activities.
- Negotiates NDAs and Teaming Agreements.
- Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Government and Leidos requirements.
- Develops prime contract flow down documents
- Coordinates closely with the Contract Administrator assigned to programs to ensure subcontracting activities and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives.
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses.
- Conducts price and cost analysis.
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors.
- Offers strategic suggestions for subcontract negotiations
- Administers subcontracts of various types and complexity – up to 40 subcontracts per program.
- Contributes to revenue recognition with timely processing of subcontract requirements
- Identifies and resolves moderate to complex issues and problems on assigned subcontracts and makes recommendations to management.
- Performs subcontract close-out activities.
- Analyzes risks and identifies risk mitigations.
- Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the program for all subcontracts related issues.
- Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers, as required.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with subcontractor management regarding subcontract issues of varying degrees of complexity and the drive to work issues to resolution.
- Serves as a mentor for junior staff
- Engages as a member of prime proposal teams and manages multiple capture efforts simultaneously
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field with 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Prefer experience in subcontracting services and purchasing non-commercial equipment and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and subcontracts administration.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions.
- Experience with IT Services.
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR
- Working knowledge of CPSR compliance requirements.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.