Mechanical Ocean Engineer responsible for the design of new and modification of existing hydraulic systems employed in the marine environment for the deployment of oceanographic payloads and associated support equipment. Applicant should possess a working knowledge of high power hydraulic system design specification and documentation. Good communication skills will be essential for the applicant’s coordination of the assigned tasks both within the internal project team as well as external customer team members. The applicants demonstrated past performance will include a strong working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D-CAD software. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the hydraulic system and in doing so you will partner with sub-system design teams in a collaborative team effort working within an Integrated Product Team environment.
Mechanical/Ocean Engineer II position offers the applicant the opportunity to:
- Design, analyzes and document hydraulic components and systems.
- Follow developed equipment designs through build test and installation.
- Integrate design and process improvements to new and existing systems.
- Present design solutions to program leadership and external customers.
- Supports the development and documentation of mechanical and hydraulic designs for existing and new systems.
- Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system, component and installation designs.
- Performs and documents analyses to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Contributes to supplier development, test and production activities.
- Supports development of new and updating of existing system design standards to meet specific current future requirements.
- Effectively documents engineering development throughout product development lifecycle
- Up to 25% travel (Post-COVID Restrictions)
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Familiar with SolidWorks 3D-CAD, with emphasis on automated parametric plumbing and cable routing extensions & SolidWorks Enterprise PDM program.
- Good technical writing skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.