The Leidos Defense Group has a career opportunity for a MS SQL Database Administrator in Stuttgart, Germany.
This position supports a Department of Defense (DoD) organization (in Stuttgart) and will require OCONUS travel in support of EUCOM’s mission objectives.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2 thru SQL 2019 and experience to include installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance of Microsoft database technologies.
- Install, configure, and manage multiple SQL server environments with high availability and disaster recovery, to include Monitoring, Analysis, Reporting, and Data Warehouse Services and solutions.
- Understand, write, and execute custom and third party SQL scripts.
- Execute, manage, and validate database server backups leveraging forward thinking concepts, processes, and technology that meet the organizations Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Responsible for operational management and implementation of upgrades and enhancements of the database environment supporting HBSS, Lync, SCCM, SCOM, Citrix, and SharePoint databases.
- Troubleshoot techniques and analysis with SQL Server service outages and performance issues as they occur in real time.
- Responsible for the lifecycle of SQL performing routine SQL patch updates, applicable service packs, and new major versions as they are released.
- Understand Windows clustering technology to support various SQL clusters and SQL Always On Availability Groups.
- Experience using SRSS to provide reporting capability to meet customer needs across multiple network enclaves.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Bachelors’ Degree with 2-4 years of applicable experience; additional relevant experience in lieu of Degree.
- MS SQL DBA experience.
- Proficient in database technologies, securing databases, and applying best practices.
- Strong understanding of server-client computing and relational databases.
- Experience with supporting SQL Server for Microsoft SharePoint, and VDI environments.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or greater.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret clearance and able to obtain TS/SCI Clearance.
- ITIL v3 – Foundation.
- MCSA certified on Server 2012 (Server 2016 preferred).
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs.
- Experience working in VmWare ESXi environments.
- Experience with network storage (SAN/NAS).
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions.
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards.
- Experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.