Due to continued expansion and new business wins, Leidos, a Global Solutions Provider specialising in large scale implementations involving science, engineering and technology, require a Cyber Intelligence Analyst. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience from a Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC) background. To succeed in the role the candidate must be capable of working under pressure, delivering on multiple client accounts and have an appetite to progress and develop their own career. The Cyber Intelligence Analyst is required to work within a CSOC, adhering to a matrix managed environment and possess experience of leading and coordinating other CSOC Analysts who will escalate to them. The Cyber Intelligence Analyst will be expected to significantly contribute to the growth and development of the CSOC.
You will be expected to collaborate with and support colleagues in the wider UK Information Assurance and Cyber Security Practice. You will collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders outside of Information Assurance and Cyber Security within and without Leidos to ensure we detect and respond to Cyber Security Incidents for its customers.
- Candidates must have Home Office SC clearance or SC cleared where the clearance can be transferred to the Home Office.
- Candidate must be British and non-dual national.
- Work 12 hour shifts as part of a rota for 24 X 7 CSOC Support, 4 days on day shift, 4 days off and 4 nights on night shift.
- Location is working onsite at Chester House, Farnborough.
- Take a lead to maintain the integrity and security of Cyber systems and networks.
- Take the lead to support Cyber Security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Lead the review of threat data from various sources and develops custom signatures or other custom detection capabilities.
- Lead Cyber Threat intelligence analysis, correlates actionable security events/campaigns from various sources, and performs network traffic analysis using raw packet data, net flow, IDS, IPS, and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communication networks.
- Lead the development of unique automation and correlation techniques to better understand adversary Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Lead the analysis to provide indicators for enterprise defensive measures.
- Lead the interface with external entities including law enforcement organizations, intelligence community organizations and other government agencies as required.
- Uses data collected from cyber defence tools firewalls, IDS, network traffic, Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR) etc. to analyse events that occur within the environments or based on the artefacts.
- Employs network forensics techniques for attack reconstruction.
- Respond to and correlate alerts from various detective and preventative Cyber Security tools such as Security Information Event Monitoring (SIEM), End Point Protection (EPP), End Point Detection and Response (EDR), Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Firewalls.
- Proactively detect suspicious activity, vulnerabilities and security misconfigurations before they can be exploited by bad actors to impact Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability which could lead to a Cyber Security Incident.
- Inspection and correlation of logs from multiple sources to identify repeating patterns and Indicators of Compromise (IOC).
- Continuously scan the Threat Horizon to report and classify Threats according to impact which could potentially damage a client’s network or solution.
- Engage with various security communities to review and share knowledge on IOC’s and Threats.
- Follow and lead the development of the Cyber Security Incident Response Plan.
- Follow and lead the development of the Cyber Security Incident Response Playbooks.
- Apply and lead the development of the Cyber Security Incident Prioritisation Criteria to classify and rate Cyber Security Incidents.
- Lead the coordination of countermeasures to mitigate Threats which can be used in action plans to respond to Cyber Security Incidents.
- Ensure confidentiality and discretion is practiced when dealing with multiple clients to demonstrate professionalism and evidence their information is not shared with others.
- Lead and develop the effective reporting of the operational status of all Cyber Security tools.
- Lead and develop the effective reporting on the measurement of compliance with security updates and security patches and the production of MI for clients.
- Lead a Team of Cyber Defence Analysts who collectively are responsible for making multiple daily CSOC checks to detect and respond to suspicious activity or alerts.
- Part of a Team who may be required to work shifts in order to deliver a 24 x 7 CSOC capability to detect and respond to suspicious activity or alerts.
- Lead and develop the concise and detailed recording of events of a Cyber Security Incident and of their own actions to deliver an effective handover during shift changes.
- Lead the continuous improvement of CSOC processes and procedures.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders from other Technology stacks to contribute to the Cyber Security Incident Response.
- As part of a team lead table top scenarios and produce lessons learnt documents.
Technology and Process Experience
- Exposure to working on or within HMG classified systems or programs is a bonus and not a must.
- Already a CSOC Analyst or a Cyber Defence Analyst or a Cyber Intelligence Analyst with experience of investigating Cyber Security incidents and supporting root cause analysis or can demonstrate transferable skills and acumen to learn and excel at it.
- Understanding of the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) triad.
- Understanding of current trends for malware, ransomware, Advanced Persistent Threats affecting Cloud Platforms and On Premise solutions.
- Proficient with the full suite of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, Visio.
- Experience of working with the disciplines of a Change Controlled environment.
- Knowledge of Identification, Authentication, Authorisation, Auditing and Logging services.
- An understanding of the OSI 7 network layers.
- An understanding of the TCP/IP network layers.
- Exposure to working with NCSC, NIST, and Centre for Internet Security (CIS) best practice.
- An understanding of network and boundary protection controls for both Cloud and On Premise solutions including but not limited to Firewalls, Network Access Control Lists, Network Security Groups, DDoS Protection, VPN’s, Mail Gateways, Web Proxies, Load Balancers including Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention System and Intrusion Detection Systems.
- Experience of using as many as possible of detective and preventative Cyber Security tools such as but not limited to Security Information Event Monitoring (SIEM), Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR), End Point Protection (EPP), End Point Detection and Response (EDR), Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Firewalls
- An understanding of the implementation of technologies such as but not limited to Hardware Security Modules (HSM), USB Controls, Encryption, SSL, TLS, and SSH.
- Exposure to leading vendor products such as but not limited to Fortinet Firewalls, Cisco Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, SPLUNK, Sophos End Point Protection, McAfee ePO, Symantec, Nessus, Rapid 7, Centrify, Forescout, Artificial Intelligence (AI) based Cyber Security tools, AWS Guard Duty, Azure Security Centre, Azure Office 365 Security and Compliance Centre.
- The ideal candidate will hold or be willing to gain CISSP, GMON, GCIH certification or equivalent and have an exposure to market leading public cloud technology.
Communication and Soft Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for hand overs, reports, MI and documenting events during a Cyber Security Incident.
- Confidence, composure and leadership qualities.
- Works well in a team environment, open to taking feedback in order to learn, able to cope with team dynamics with differing viewpoints and can also work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to logically analyse a problem and identify a plan to fix or remediate.
- Ability to track market trends and suppliers to keep at the forefront of Cyber Security Technology.
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work, prioritising, and escalating as necessary.
- A self-starter who can see past obstacles driving a solution through to completion.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.