The senior Electrical Engineer position is responsible for the design of new or modification of existing electrical power transmission, switching and conversion hardware employed in the marine environment for the winches, lifting and handling systems used in the deployment of oceanographic payloads and their supporting equipment. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the shipboard and shore based test platforms for the management of oceanographic payload and supporting equipment, in doing so you will partner with sub-system design teams in a collaborative team effort working within an Integrated Product Team environment.
The senior Electrical Engineer position offers the applicant the opportunity to:
- Design, analyze, and document electrical power components and systems.
- Follow developed equipment designs through, build, test, and installation.
- Integrate design and process improvements to new and existing systems.
- Present design solutions to program leadership and external customers.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Analyze, simulate, design, construct and test electronics for digital and analog circuitry in systems requiring custom signal processing, amplification, power management and conversion.
- Evaluate, select, specify, design, modify, test, and/or integrate sensors, cables, connectors, power subsystems (including batteries).
- Generate and maintain engineering drawings in support of manufacturing, review and create engineering change orders (ECOs), as required per ISO9001:2008 policies.
- Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and at-sea testing.
- Conduct experimental tests on equipment, evaluate results, and develop specifications for deliverable systems.
- Contributes to supplier development, test and production activities.
- Supports development of new and updating of existing system design standards to meet specific current and future requirements.
- Effectively document engineering development throughout product development lifecycle
- Up to 25% travel (Post-COVID Restrictions)
List the “must have” MINIMUM requirements to be considered for the position and ensure minimum quals fall within the minimum Leidos job code requirements. Example: Bachelors’ Degree with 6 years’ of applicable experience or 4 additional years’ of experience in lieu of degree. Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance. Must have 2+ years JAVA experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field with 8 years of related experience in electrical/electronic hardware design, integration and system level test and commensurate with primary responsibilities. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field with 6+ years of related experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong familiarity with Altium Designer or similar circuit design tools.
- Experience in Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design including: analog, digital, mixed signal, or high voltage designs (> 1kV).
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, VISIO, and LTSpice software packages.
- Experienced in operation of electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, function generators, insulation resistance testers, etc.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with IEEE-45 Standard Requirements.
- A strong working knowledge of high power shipboard power generation, cabling switching and conversion equipment, design, specification, and documentation.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.