The candidate will be part of a large team that provides engineering support for all aspects of Defense Health Enterprise Application and Desktop Virtualization Support technologies in support of the Clinical Information Modernization (CIM) IPT. The work to be accomplished will be in support of all DHA and Veterans Affairs (VA) medical and administrative applications, and will include their major current Electronic Health Records (EHRs). This work includes both on-site and GovCloud (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, milCloud2) hosting of resources.
You will be engaged in designing, implementing and managing the hosting environment using one or more of the following tools and/or technologies:
1. Server Virtualization with Type-1 hypervisors to include:
- VMWare ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V.
2. Storage technologies to include:
- Dell EMC Unity
- Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS)
3. Enterprise backup and restoration technologies to include:
- CommVault Simpana/Intellisnap
- NetApp SnapMirror
- NetApp OnTap Select and CloudVolumes
- Veeam Backup and Replication.
4. Application streaming/layering/isolation technologies to include:
- Citrix App Layering
- Microsoft App-V
- VMware AppVolumes
- VMWare ThinApp.
5. Application presentation technologies to include:
- Citrix Virtual Apps (previously XenApp)
6. Desktop Virtualization technologies to include:
- VMWare View/Horizon
- Citrix Provisioning Server
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenApp and XenDesktop)
- Amazon Workspaces
7. User Persona Management technologies to include:
- Citrix Workspace Environment Manager (WEM)
- Liquidware ProfileUnity
- Ivanti AppSense
8. TLS encryption and Independent Computing Architecture (ICA) technologies to include:
- Citrix NetScaler
9. Cloud computing technologies to include:
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) MilCloud 2.0
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud
- Microsoft Azure GovCloud
10. McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS)
11. Monitoring, logging and event management tools such as
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager (vROPS)
- Citrix Director
12. Automating the server virtualization environment as it relates to VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) and VMware Connector for AWS/Azure and utilizing both on-premise and cloud computing instantiations from a single application for multi-cloud management.
13. Virtual container technologies including:
- Kubernetes or other open source container management platforms
- Redhat OpenShift
- VMware PKS
- NetApp Kubernetes Service
Education: BS degree in Engineering, Physics, Network Security, Information Systems or Computer Science, from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program.
1. Six (6) years of experience in Microsoft Server Operating Systems or Linux Operating systems, to include:
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Architecture
- Systems/Equipment Support
- Test and Evaluation
- Logistics support of C4ISR requirements
2. Three (3) years of technical experience in support of VMWare or Citrix projects.
One of the following certifications:
1. Professional Software Engineering Master (PSEM)
2. Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)
3. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
4. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
5. Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD),
6. Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
7. Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA-V)
8. Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator
9. AWS Cloud Practitioner
10. Sun Certified Professional (SCP)
11. Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP)
12. CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
13. CISCO Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
14. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
Must possess, or be able to get within the first 90 days, one of the following certification to comply with DoD 8570.01-M for Level 2 Information Assurance Technical:
1. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
3. Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
4. GIAC® Security Essentials (GSEC)
6. EC-Council’s Certified Network Defender (CND)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.