The Leidos Defense Group has a career opportunity for a GCCS Systems Administrator in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Support systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications.
- Ensure system availability and reliability of the Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) and related GCCS Family of Systems (FoS) on the networks.
- Establish complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer GCCS systems.
- Maintain file servers and network access. Documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Perform effective and efficient operation and interconnectivity of a Department of Defense Network and execute the actions required to correct deficiencies or shortcomings and to improve system performance and efficiency.
- Perform System and Network Administration and System Security.
- Provide senior level knowledge and Tier 3 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 3 infrastructure, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support that builds, configures, and administers GCCS and related GCCS FoS. Configure devices in accordance with security policies.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly, both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Work in a dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Provide systems administration, system maintenance, and technical refresh/upgrade support to C2 application/systems. Work with GCCS PMO or other designated C2 PMO.
- Procure hardware with minimum specifications as determined by the PMO and GOTS developer.
- Provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years relevant experience; additional relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Oracle Solaris, RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator) or MCSA-Windows Server 2012, certified.
- Must have DOD 8570 IAT III certification, prior to start.
- Working knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008-2016, VMWare vSphere, Solaris 10-11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Working knowledge of Solaris zones and Red Hat Kernel Virtual Machines (KVM).
- Experience in GCCS administration, systems integration, network administration.
- Must be TESA eligible.
- Must hold an adjudicated Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- Additional certifications: ITIL v3 – Foundation, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Experience with the following systems: TBMCS, AEGIS, DCGS, JTT, ADNS, TADL, Link, ADSI, JTAGS.
- Experience with: ICSF, COP, Agile Client, TMSWeb, KML/KMZ, MIL STD 2525D, ArcGIS, Google Earth.
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files.
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards.
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements.
- Experience with VmWare ESXi administration.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.