The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is seeking an Autonomous Systems Solution Architect. The Solution Architect will work with other senior leaders in the LInC, the Office of Technology (OoT), and across Leidos to support the development and strategy for multi-domain autonomy applications.
• Works directly with customers and other technical experts in multiple areas or disciplines to develop solutions to develop autonomous systems.
• Works with the business area manager and supporting business development team to develop strategy to grow Leidos in the area of autonomous systems.
• Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members about in-depth technical matters or strategic solutions.
• May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
• Works closely with other team members and across organizational boundaries to develop new and innovative solutions.
• Leading teams of engineers and scientists
• Developing and implementing AI-based solutions in a range of technology areas: Perception and situational understanding, planning and decision-making, behavior and action execution, collaboration, and manned-unmanned teaming.
• Familiarity of DoD systems and missions.
• Ability to communicate effectively about autonomy and AI with a broad range of audiences, from internal leaders to external customers and from sophisticated AI researchers to those with little or no relevant background.
Position requires an active Secret clearance therefore US Citizenship is required to be eligible. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a TS/SCI security clearance.
Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Systems engineering and integration knowledge highly desired.
• Knowledge and understanding of many areas of AI (Machine Learning, Bayesian, fuzzy, Dempster-Shafer, or symbolic reasoning) and related key technical disciplines including: Mobile / embedded / edge-based / cloud / hybrid containerized deployment architectures
• Familiarity with sensor systems and/or advanced processing techniques.
• Familiarity with relevant open standards in industry and DoD (e.g. JAUS, OMS, FACE)
• Familiarity with CPU/GPU/FPGA-based computation
• Familiarity with secured data including multi-level classified data
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.