This position will monitor all CBRNE network activity in a DOD Emergency Operations Center. Candidate will be responsible for resolving technical problems and answering queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, and network devices. May route calls to technical specialists. Candidate will be responsible for performing a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks using advanced techniques and requiring knowledge of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) disciplines. Maintains policies and procedures for specific emergency response, continuity planning and disaster recovery operations. Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the technology used in supporting the EOC and response procedures.
***Hours are 2pm to 10pm, Monday - Friday***
- High School diploma, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 3 Years of experience
- Must have an active SECRET Clearance with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET
- Must have ability to work flexible hours
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- They must be able to follow written and oral instructions regarding operational procedures in an emergency operations center environment and carry out tasks with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all duties in a tactful and professional manner during high stress emergency situations; clear communication and technical writing skills, proficient in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft applications suite and web-based application environments.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage information between multiple organizations over numerous communications vectors such as phone lines, software interfaces and web-based tools during emergency operations.
- Candidate must be able to combine communication and problem solving skills when dealing with representatives from various organizations and information sources during emergent and non-emergent conditions.
- One (1) or more years of experience in an Emergency Operations Center or Command Post Environment
- Ability to work independently, research, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks appropriately, on time and to a high standard in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrates strong initiative, self-motivation, and commitment to the job
- Experience in a technical call center or crisis management center
- Experience with decision support and network management software
- NIMS ICS300 & ICS400 certifications
- Experience in related fields that include Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery
- Past military experience with a background in Chemical, Biological and Radiological monitoring or civilian emergency response.
- Certification for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate specific customized software tools and products in support of the emergency operations center, including the following categories of tools: Geographical Information System (GIS), Video camera displays, Emergency notification systems, Device-specific displays, Atmospheric plume models and Building architectural displays
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.