The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Windows/Linux System Administrator to work at our Ft. Meade, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
This individual will be responsible for managing system administration support activities for a large complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails developing solutions for system engineering requests to meet operational needs as well as deploying and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment. The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple air-gapped systems which have individual domains and supporting infrastructure and managing a complex IT environment with multiple logins and associated supporting storage and network infrastructure. Position requires an energetic, focused, and driven candidate who can adapt well to a changing environment. Ideally, the selected candidate will possess networking skills or must have the ability to learn and complete various network-centric undertakings.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for performing or assisting with the following, in an environment that includes Linux and Microsoft-based servers and workstations:
- Installing and administrating systems, applications, and processes and ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensuring server and desktop configuration configurations are optimized and running continuously and efficiently.
- Performing security management and application performance optimization functions.
- Maintaining server enclaves.
- Establishing system scanning procedures and active directory configurations.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of IT enhancements.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems.
- Creating and maintaining documentation to ensure that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available for incident resolution.
- Communicating with users and external support personnel regarding system outages and upgrades, and conferring with team members regarding resolution options and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 2 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Familiarity with Red Hat 6.5, Red Hat 7, and Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Server 2016 required.
- Must have experience providing assistance to users and optimizing system operations.
- Must have familiarity with and capability to quickly ramp up on information security principles and practices and software and security architectures.
- Must have experience or familiarity with the following: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Preferred certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security, RHCE, Network +.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment), Advanced security protocols and standards, High Assurance platforms.
- Experience with application integration testing methods and software deployment methods for applications, patches, and operating systems.
- Experience with or familiarity with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments.
- Experience or familiarity with both Client and Server virtualization environments.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.