***100% telework is allowed for this position with about 10% travel post-COVID restrictions***
Leidos is seeking a highly competent, detailed oriented, and motivated Senior Software Engineer to support a variety of Leidos programs and initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain existing software applications supporting AI voice chatbots, infrastructure as code deployment, cloud on-boarding and others.
- Develop, test and implement improvements to the existing applications
- Develop, design, test and implement new applications and/or use cases leveraging cloud AI/ML services from Microsoft, Google and AWS.
- Coordinate solutions with cloud developers and telecommunications team members for testing and deploying applications
- Conduct analysis, design, code, testing and documentation of software enhancements to existing software baselines
- Perform a variety of software engineering duties, including benchmarking, testing and validation of software changes and quality control of software.
- Perform in-depth studies, trend evaluations, statistical analysis and computer hardware/software vendor evaluations relating to supported or future systems and architectures as required
- Provide day-to-day technical support for the applications deployed (Tier 2 and 3).
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years + experience in software development and architecture
- Hands on experience on maintaining AWS environment: (Min 3 years): Google DialogueFlow, Google Cloud Platform, Google SDK, REST API, IAM, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Google App Engine, Cloud Functions, Datastore, Secret management, Storage, Memorystore – Redis, Azure Resource group, App service, Web App Bot, cognitive services, QandA maker, LUIS, Voice to text Technologies, ServiceNow API Development, Elasticbeanstalk, EC2, AMI and account management, CloudFront, RDS, Load balancer/Auto Scaler, CloudFormation
- Proficient in Linux – AWS CLI and EB (Min 3 years)
- Proficient in SQL database – including MySQL, Aurora (Min 3 years)
- GitHub - ability to manage branches, resolve Git issues such as merge problems. Knowledge about Git Workflow. (Min 3 years)
- Hands on experience in DevOps, SecDevOps, and Agile methodologies (Min 5 years)
- Change Management / Project Management Skills (Min 5 years)
- Experience with security frameworks NIST, FISMA, FedRAMP, ATO (Min 3 years)
- Exceptional communication and written skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
The candidate should demonstrate exceptional ability to understand and absorb new technologies, clearly articulate ideas and solutions and develop practical implementation plans. In addition to programming and developing, candidates should demonstrate, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, excellent whiten and verbal communication skills, as well as change management skills and testing skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.