Leidos is seeking a Publications Officer/ Finished Intelligence Editor to support an IC contract in the McLean, VA area. The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing analytical products that support key US national security and foreign policy objectives on CT issues. This position requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance. The Publications Officer will be expected to work in a team environment.
The Publications Officer may be perform the following tasks:
- Review and edit products to align with Style Guide standards Review and edit graphics, including interactive media, assist in the development of visual aids, and ensure proper formatting
- Verify proper sourcing of products and graphics
- Finalize publications
- Provide archiving support
- Track production, document and ensure workflow through the production process
- Work within production schedules and coordinate with all parties involved. Produce, deliver, and archive finished intelligence publications
- Relevant exposure to US foreign policy, national security CT objectives, and the interagency coordination process
- Must have previous experience editing Finished Intelligence products in support of an IC customer
- Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills
- Proven track record of reviewing finished intelligence and collaborating with analysts and managers
- Knowledge of national security classification procedures is mandatory
- Strong editorial and grammatical skills
- Knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design
- Knowledge of production methodology for publishing products in hardcopy or electronic formats
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust as priorities changing
- Experience working with Adobe InDesign is desired
- BA degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of relevant experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.