The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for an AWS Database Engineer for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract at Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD (preferred). While this role is primarily remote, candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD (preferred) for on-site support.
This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- Develop, manage and implement AWS cloud database migration strategy to move full-stack, on premise COTS and GOTS applications (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) into the cloud.
- Define, develop and implement automated and repeatable processes to meet cloud data requirements, including those for availability, reliability, confidentiality, integrity, performance, scalability, auditing and security using AWS tools and processes.
- Design, develop and implement ETL procedures using AWS native features such as AWS DMS (Database Migration Service).
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain data models for complex applications.
- Provide routine maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution for production and non-production databases, including security and software updates.
- Design and implement performance improvements based on analysis of database performance.
- BS degree w/ 8 years’ relevant experience or Master’s degree w/ 6 years’ relevant experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree may be accepted.
- 8 years’ experience performing DBA responsibilities w/ 2 years’ experience in an AWS DBA role, including experience with AWS databases including: Aurora, RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, Keyspace/Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Lucene and S3 buckets.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance and 8570 certification, such as Security+ CE.
- Hands-on experience successfully migrating data from on premise applications to a public cloud, preferably using AWS DMS (Database Migration Services) tools to migrate to AWS.
- Experience defining and implementing database management policies, including those for data management, security, auditing, backup, recovery, high availability and upgrades for a cloud environment.
- Experience defining, developing and implementing automated and repeatable cloud automation processes for database automation (monitoring/alerting, backup, recovery, high availability, upgrades, etc.) using AWS and other standard automation tools, for example CloudFormation and Ansible.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and experience designing, developing and troubleshooting database stored procedures in a language such as T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- Data modeling experience, including the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of data models for complex applications.
- Experience defining, developing and implementing policies for schema conversions, upgrades and versioning.
- Experience providing routine maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backups/recovery and problem resolution for production and non-production databases, including security and software updates.
- Experience with database administration from a UNIX/Linux command line environment.
- Experience successfully working as part of a cross-functional agile development team, interacting effectively with developers, systems engineers, data engineers, system stakeholders, and the customer.
- Experience securing data, applications and integrations in accordance with DoD security policies, including STIGs and NIST RMF, to ensure protection of data at rest and in transit.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle, Oracle Data Guard, Golden Gate.
- Experience converting Oracle PL/SQL logic to alternate platforms.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing DevOps (including infrastructure as code) and site reliability engineering principles in an AWS environment.
- Experience deploying containerized applications with Red Hat OpenShift (Kubernetes).
- UNIX shell scripting experience.
- Experience versioning data models and database management/upgrade scripts with standard software CM tools, such as Git.
- Active security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.