The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Oracle Database Administrator to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
JOB SUMMARY and Primary Responsibilities
The selected individual will investigate database issues and identify solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, and software developers. He/she will be expected to learn and understand data models and data architecture documents. The selected individual will utilize SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages in support of database team requirements. Other tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Must have experience with one of more of the following: data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
- Must have experience and/or strong familiarity with the following: Oracle Database Administration experience, Linux (RHEL), PL/SQL.
- Must have experience with shell scripting.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Experience with Mongo.
- Experience with one or more of the following: MySQL, Cassandra, Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment, real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.