- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on any related matter.
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into required systems.
- Develop and improve operations processes/practices for each location based on best practices across the program and through peer and management collaboration.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures.
- Prepare and coordinate TPF activities including New material Introductory Briefings (NMIB), validation of unit Materiel Requirements Lists (MRL), prepare After Action Reports (AAR) and other actions as required for the TPF.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors Degree with 4 or more years of experience. Additional years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Experience in fault detection, isolation and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices
- Capable of performing analysis of system operation, have knowledge of and experience in the utilization of operating system and database management systems
- Experience with interoperability support on various Mission Command systems. These systems could include: Fire Support Command and Control Family (Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems (AFATDS) (Forward Observer System (FOS), Pocket Sized Forward Entry Device (PFED), Centaur, Gun Display Unit-Replacement (GDU-R), Sustainment System Mission Command (SSMC), Battle Command and Sustainment Support System (BCS3), Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2), Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P), Warfighter Information Network – Tactical (WIN-T), and Distributed Common Ground Systems-Army (DCGS-A)
- Familiarization with Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T), TBC Suite of Systems, Battle Command Common Services (BCCS), and Army Battle Command Systems (ABCS) such as Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Maneuver Control Systems (MCS), Command Web, SharePoint, Common Tactical Vehicle (CTV), Strategic Mission Command (Battle Command Common Services (BCCS), Global Command and Control System-Army (GCCS-A), Defense Readiness Reporting System Army (DRRS-A), Joint Command and Control (JC2), Common Software (CS), Data Dissemination Service (DDS), JEM/JWARN
- Proficient in installing, configuring, repairing, and troubleshooting networks, Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, CPOF Repository, CPOF Data Bridge, and CPOF MidTier
- Clear understanding in how the Army employs/deploys ABCS (at the different echelons), and for what purpose.
- Strong background in technical writing; an understanding in how military training is developed I.e., knowing how to build, created and put together a student user manual (SUM), know how to create period of instruction (POI), for instructors slide deck materials with check for learning type questions; practical exercises etc.
- Ability to travel up to 50% - CONUS/OCONUS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.