Leidos' Corporate is seeking an Indirect Tax Accountant to join our team of tax professionals supporting our Corporate Office located in Reston, VA. This position will report to the Senior Manager – Indirect Tax.
- Gather and analyze data from various systems to prepare state & local tax workpapers
- Prepare and file state & local tax returns
- Work with third party preparers to file state & local tax returns
- Research state & local tax issues and rates
- Provide sales & use tax guidance on company procurement transactions to internal Leidos customers
- Provide sales & use tax guidance on company sales transactions to internal Leidos customers
- Assist in state & local tax planning and execution for programs in a variety of industries (Federal Govt, Transportation, Construction, Health)
- Assist with state & local tax audits by preparing workpapers for submission to the tax authorities
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries
- Prepare check and payment requests
- Assist in resolving state & local tax notices
- Assist with resale and exemption certificate requests
- Assist with ad hoc projects related to indirect tax
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with 2-4 years of Tax Accounting experience.
- Prior experience must include minimum of 1 year in Corporate Accounting or Public Accounting setting.
- Exceptional project management skills are required, with proactive process improvement experience.
- Strong accounting skills, including demonstrated ability in account reconciliations
- Strong computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must be flexible with strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Must have ability to prioritize workload in order to meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a strong attention to detail, yet understand and apply the degree of accuracy necessary for the task at hand
- Must be comfortable with virtual communications and working with geographically disparate groups
- Must be organized and demonstrate ability to complete complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Hyperion (or similar systems) are a plus
- Energetic and have a high sense of urgency while working on projects
- A quick learner who is willing to take on new challenges and roles
- A high level of confidence, detail orientation, integrity, self-motivation, and a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Self-starter, creative, team player, and positive attitude
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.