Leidos Operational Accounting is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing accounting team. The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager. In this role the ideal candidate will be involved in the department’s general accounting and leasing function, review and apply accounting guidance to real world situations, work collaboratively with employees, vendors and customers often in a global environment. The Senior Accountant may be responsible for training others within the broader accounting team and will be expected to grow into a subject matter expert on ASC 842. The position may require the Accountant to present to senior leadership from time to time. The role will employ a number of duties in the areas of accounting, financial reporting and process improvement.
- Conduct technical research and determine applicability to complex accounting situations
- Preparation and approval of journal entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Reconcile/monitor general ledger accounts to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Analytical comparisons of expected results to actuals
- Proactively assist in monitoring the company’s leases
- Setup and maintenance of data in various applications
- Review contracts and assist program community with detection of embedded leases
- Provide support for the preparation of the Company’s 10Q/10K SEC filings and quarterly supplemental reporting
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation
- Recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/tasks such as internal/external audit requests, department goals and initiatives and other special projects as needed
- Manage the sales type lease accounting processes and disclosures
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 4 to 8 years of prior accounting experience in Accounting or Master’s degree with 2 to 6 years of prior accounting experience.
- Demonstrated prior and future capabilities to work overtime to ensure team deliverables are met and during surge periods
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles, specifically, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and self-motivated to independently study accounting concepts.
- Strong computer skills including proficient experience with Microsoft Excel and has an interest in Robotics Process Automation.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-driven with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with others with minimal oversight
- Ability to work in deadline driven conditions with ability to juggle shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel
- Knowledge of ASC 842
- Have background and working experience in the technical accounting area
- Experience with publicly traded company
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- Government contract experience
- Experience with Costar lease software
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.