Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Security Architect/Data Strategist at Ft. Meade, MD.
The candidate will be a member of the Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) Team on the DISA GSM-O program in support of DISA Task Order 29. Perform network architecture reviews, provide recommendations on network security strategy and network instrumentation, and provide expertise on security data identification, acquisition, and assistance in development of transformation mechanisms in support of defensive cyber operations. The employee might travel 10% of the time.
- Perform as technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the DISA Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) Program Management Office (PMO) as Security Data Strategist
- Identify security relevant data in both traditional and cloud mission areas, and provide formal recommendations to stakeholders concerning data brokering
- Perform as lead CSSP liaison with Cloud Service Providers and internal DISA Data Acquisition teams, concerning the ingest of mission-relevant security data
- Perform as CSSP Security Data Strategist lead, providing initial development of data ingest and transform scripts
- Research and Develop Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) security strategies across multiple Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
- Conduct network security architecture reviews, and develop security solutions for Mission Partners aligning to DISA CSSP offerings
- Perform periodic Mission Partner reviews to assess and verify the placement of security appliances, including CISCO Firepower Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (ID/PS)
- Conduct and deliver weekly status updates to government representatives
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of experience (experience may be used in lieu of a degree).
- 8570 IAM Level 2 certification (CASP CE, CISSP, CISM, or equivalent).
- Experience with developing data push and pull solutions in multiple scripting languages.
- Understanding of common data log formats (JSON, XML, CSV), and experience with transforming subsets of the data for ingest by automated monitoring systems.
- Must be proficient in Python, Go, or Node.JS.
- Experience in implementing/developing Splunk Technology Add Ons.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have Top Secret clearance w/ SCI Eligibility.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience w/ DoD and DISA Networks.
- Familiarity with DISA JRSS.
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response.
- Experience with developing cloud security strategies.
- Knowledge of DoDI 8530 Cybersecurity Activities Support to DoDIN Operations.
- Knowledge of DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (CC SRG).
- CISSP Certification.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.