Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to provide network engineering and physical hardware support to the recapitalization effort within various customer facilities.
- Maintain technology/telecommunication equipment and installs; rearrange and remove equipment and associated wiring.
- Fiber and copper installation and support experience (termination, testing, installing).
- Support initiatives for project-related and ongoing operations for network and voice communication services.
- Review, test and implement new software tool revision/ feature sets/ Patch evaluation and periodic system refresh.
- Must have experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting network equipment/hardware and related cabling infrastructure.
- Understand and be able to comprehend network diagrams, cabling run lists and basic power requirements. Familiar with fiber optic and Ethernet cabling.
- Experience with Cisco command line and GUI configuration.
- Knowledge of component and transmission medium compatibility and interconnection
- BS Degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 8 years, a Bachelors’ and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history.
- Cisco, CCNA Networking or Security
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.