Ensure accurate documenting of the customers cabling infrastructure and enterprise network and to provide a comprehensive run list and cabling plan to the installation workforce
- Create circuit documentation in support of customer funded projects
- Work with systems engineers to understand feature requirements and develop architectural approaches to problems
- Build inventories and maintain accurate information relating to network components, circuits, routers, switches, racks, etc.
- Develop, implement, and maintain standardized procedures for adding, deleting, and modifying records of inventoried network elements
- Work extensively with IT and related teams in the deployment, stabilization, and ongoing operation of the systems
- Provide regular status reports
- TS/SCI with Poly; This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
- Ability to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Prior experience with cable testers and Autocad
- Knowledge of component and transmission medium compatibility and interconnection
- Ability to select components based on cost and space limitations
- Ability to work with schematic capture tools.
- Certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology
- Candidate must have a total of 10 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- BICSI, SIPT, AutoCad, Excel, Visio
- This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.