Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Warehouseman in Kansas City, MO to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will perform inspections on storage facility and supervise material handling equipment (MHE) (e.g. forklifts, tractors). Responsible for a preventive maintenance program and MHE usage, prepare warehouse planographs, compute warehouse net storage space area, monitor the warehouse space control system, analyze and determine MHE requirements, and maintain secure storage of hardware and software.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain computer-based warehouse applications and mainframe locator systems.
- Maintain records of sub custody principal end items, conduct inventories, monitor shelf life items, input data entry transactions, and retrieval of historical records.
- Maintain hand-held optical character recognition scanners, devices, and multimedia retrieval systems.
- Supervise the following procedures: location survey, location addition, location consolidation, embarkation, warehouse security, and care in storage.
- Supervise the following operations: stage material, inventory, receiving, shipping, warehouse safety program, and storage.
- Review and update materials and equipment delivery and receipt processes and prepare Supply Discrepancy Report (SDR).
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) warehouse operations.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 2 Years of Experience
- Must possess license to operate MHE, operate bulk and small parts conveyer systems used in warehousing operations, and have a current 6k forklift license.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Ship/Receiving
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.