Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Disability Leave, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Pandemic Leave, Safe Work Environments AND a 20k Sign on Bonus for this role!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer/Developer on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
This position requires an experienced software engineer providing full system and software life-cycle support for incremental software functionality. Strong JAVA experience is needed to develop our new system. PERL support will be required for the existing system maintenance. Engineers will primarily work on middle tier development.
- Minimum of 7 years of software development experience (BS in Computer Science/Engineering can substitute for 2 years)
- Within the last 12 years, a minimum of 9 years experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft Windows (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat LINUX) Operating System.
- Minimum of 7 years of Java experience
- Experience with Java 1.8
- Experience with Java testing framework and Mock Objects
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience with SQL databases – including MariaDB
- Experience with PERL
- Experience with Software Development and Collaboration tools (preferably Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo – Atlassian Tool Suite).
- Strong LINUX
- Experience in Agile development
- Must be able to lead the Java portion of the software product.
- Self Motivated, problem solver
- Flexibility – tasks can change from day-to-day.
- Will provide "on call" support approximately 1 week per month (carry pager)
- User Interface design and development experience
- Experience identifying and/or processing Internet protocols
- Understanding of JMS (Java Messaging Service)
- Apache commons
- JUnit testing framework
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit https://careers.leidos.com/css20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.