The Arlington Information Assurance team at Leidos currently has an opening for a Linux Systems Administrator (SA) to work in our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping multiple contracts mission. This position will support the multiple programs and projects housed at that location.
- Serves as the technical expert responsible for the engineering, implementation, installation, operation, and maintenance of SAN, Backup, and Endpoint Protection architecture within Linux Red Hat and Centos networks.
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Handles networking support, administration, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Assists in planning for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle.
- Supports asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Performs administrative level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program.
- Supports the Information System Security Manager as directed.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Interfaces with functional users in both routine and reactive monitoring situations. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Also required are communication and presentation skills and the ability to operate independently. Additional duties, as required.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related technical discipline and 8+ years of operating systems experience. Additional relevant experience, training or certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
- - Experience with Linux System Administration in Red Hat and Centos networks.
- - Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret clearance.
- - Candidates must possess a Security + certification or be able to obtain within 3 months of start date with Leidos.
- - Also required are communication and presentation skills and the ability to operate independently.
- Industry Linux specific certification (RHEL, Linux+, LPI, etc…).
- Demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting network services using protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, SSH, SSL, TLS, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP and NFS
- Demonstrated experience working with other technical experts, customers, and providing explanations of complex technical procedures and process clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
- • Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls and switches
- •Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- •Experience with virtualization technologies, in particular VMware
•Familiarity with Windows environments, in particular Active
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.