The Mission Integration Division under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Aerospace Engineer with a TS/SCI clearance for a program in Chantilly, VA.
Leidos is looking for early to mid-career level engineers with an aerospace background to work as an integral member of a government/contractor team in support of our customer's operations organization. As an aerospace engineer, you will work directly with the government/contracting organizations developing and operating advanced systems hardware and software - from design and analysis to integration and testing. In this role you will review acquisition and requirements documents, integrate aerospace components, support life cycle design and operation. Your work will encompass advanced aerospace systems, to include supporting components such as command and control elements and data processing systems.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience or Masters and 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required to be considered for this position. Candidates without this clearance will not be considered. An active TS/SCI with polygraph is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to address complex technical issues using internal best practices and through collaboration with experienced colleagues.
- Experience assisting other technical staff with complex tasks and assignments.
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team that may include engineers, scientists, designers, and technicians
- Significant verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues, management or sponsors.
- Aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering experience with designing, assembling or testing applicable hardware
- Relevant working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain.
- A functional understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach to systems engineering
- Experience supporting operations
- Experience identifying design elements and/or formulating alternatives to improve the performance of those elements.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.