Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for overall oversight of a community of interest within DISA's Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) to prepare that Community of Interest (COI) for migration.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will report full time to the Montgomery, AL/Springfield, VA/ Scott AFB or Fort Meade, MD office and may allow for a part time telecommute arrangement. Individuals will need to live locally, however.
In this role you will:
• Orchestrate the project end-to-end
• Analyze discovery information and determines requirements for migration; Provides gap analysis at the start of the
• project; Directs team members and reviews results
• Deconflict inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP authors
• Maintain current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end)
• Controls all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, VLANs, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
• Define migration requirements to Tools and CND teams, this includes acceptable deadlines tracked by PM
• Tracks task status against ASI schedule and adjusts implementations as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
Two of the following:
• Cisco MPLS. (Multi Protocol Label Switching)
• BGP routing. (Border Gateway Protocol)
• Experienced with in-depth protocol analysis with tools such as tcpdump.
Additionally, each of the below are required:
• Experience in leading large engineering projects.
• Leadership skills in organizing a team of engineers
• DoD 8570 IATII (Security + or higher) certification
• Active Top Security clearance is required
• F5 load balancers
• Palo Alto Firewalls
• Cisco ASA Firewalls
• Cisco ASRs
• 8570 compliant
• Active Top Secret Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.