The Government Health and Safety Solutions Group has an opening for an Enterprise Data Modeler to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
As part of enterprise data architect team, enterprise data modeler is responsible for providing the data architect solutions and develop data models to support OLTP, BI and advanced analytics across the enterprise in cloud database platforms. You will work with project leads, business analysts, enterprise data architects, development teams and DBAs to design conceptual data models for relational and non-relational databases.
- Collaborate with Solution & Enterprise Architects, Business analysts, DBAs and others to understand business requirements.
- Works independently with Business Analyst and Project Manager to gather requirements, perform data discovery, come up with data model, work with data engineers to build data pipeline, and work with developers to answer their questions.
- Lead complex discussions and engagements that may involve multiple project teams from client.
- Derive conceptual and logical data models based on requirements.
- Create NoSQL data models using Hackolade tools for MongoDB database
- Worked with OLTP/data warehouse modeling, and play key role in multiple projects and act as knowledge expert (Technical, Functional).
- The position requires a Bachelor Degree with 8+ years. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Experience in relational and non-relational data modeling using the Hackolade modeling tool.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on NoSQL data modeling using Hackolade Modeling Tool for databases like; MongoDB, HBASE, Hive, and JSON Schema.
- Extensive hands-on experience with NoSQL non-relational modeling standards and best practices.
- Some experience with the ERwin modeling tool.
- Technical experience in information architecture, data architecture, data modeling, data governance, ETL design, data quality and BI-analytics.
- Extensively used ETL methodologies for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution.
- Ability to understand complex business processes to derive conceptual and logical data models.
- Experience designing relational data models, analytical data models and non-relational data models for OLTP and advanced analytic applications.
- Expertise in Conceptual Data Modeling, Logical Data Modeling, Physical Data Modeling, Enterprise Data Warehouse Design, DataMart Design, Metadata, Data Quality, Master Data Management and Master Data/Data Governance.
- Expert in designing complex and semantically rich data structures in various forms such as JSON and XML formats.
- Strong data analysis, problem solving and SQL skills.
- Strong understanding in general software development life cycle, agile methodology, enterprise data management concepts, etc.
- Able to multi-task under tight deadlines and maintain keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - ability to convey complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance prior to start date.
- Experience working in large-scale cloud database environments is a plus.
- Familiar with machine learning and advanced analytic application development.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively and efficiently collaborate with others.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.