Hardware Engineer Rockville MD
Leidos is seeking a Hardware Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
• Providing support to the ERAM/DataComm Hardware Engineering team in the prototyping and design of the ERAM hardware system.
• Design and development engineering assignments related to hardware products and systems.
• Development of new products and/or updates to existing products.
• Supporting ERAM as it continues to migrate ERAM from the AIX operating systems to Linux. Detailed knowledge of Linux OS and OS concepts desirable.
• Coordinate the development of new capabilities and upgrade to common services provided the applications
• Providing direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication and providing design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
• Supporting product selection trade studies, development of System Bill Of Materials, Rack and Console builds, CAD drawing updates, Cable Marking Specifications and the creation of retrofit installation instructions.
• Responsible for establishing and conducting testing routines, developing or executing project plans, budgets, schedules, and documentation of work and results.
• Performing system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
• Conducting design reviews and provide recommendations for sparing.
• Develop/update life cycle management processes for new and existing systems.
• Work with the Leidos sites to repair and replenish fielded equipment and develop field failure metrics to determine and mitigate failure trends
• BS degree or equivalent experience and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Strong Communication and Experience working with Microsoft Office is required (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Candidates having experience in AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor, VISIO, or CAD software tools is a plus.
• Desirable to have experience in electronic systems sustainment strategies, Maintenance Planning and Development.
• Desirable to have familiarity with Materiel Release, Equipment Fielding, and Transfer, Integrated Product Support
• Communicates with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices related to this area.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.