***This position allows for 100% remote work***
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos, as the prime contractor for the United States Antarctic Program, is seeking a talented Software Systems Engineer to join our team in Centennial, CO to support our customer, the National Science Foundation. This position will involve business systems engineering and development in support of ongoing data integration activities for multiple programs, as well as delivering data system products for various elements of the United States Antarctic Program. In this role you will be expected to heavily contribute to business integration outcomes and drive customer success.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Performing systems development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for enhancements and new systems and data products.
- Providing software requirements analysis, documentation, and assessment.
- Developing software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of data warehouse platform.
- Creating technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, data analyses, and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Developing solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Communicating regularly with internal and client project team members, and working to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Translating technical concepts into presentations and proposals easily understood by non-technical stakeholders.
- BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Prior relevant experience includes creation of business rule logic in an agile delivery environment; software documentation throughout the development lifecycle; and data conversion and/or reengineering legacy applications and technologies to new platforms.
- Requires deep knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack, including Sharepoint, Office 365 suite.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Power Platform, including Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate and related technologies (DAX, M).
- Familiarity with Azure and cloud data platforms.
- Microsoft Certified Developer Certifications
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Periodic deployment to Antarctica will be required in this position. This position requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical, dental, and psychological examinations for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.