The Leidos Defense group has a career opportunity for an SCCM Systems Administrator, based in Stuttgart, Germany.
This program will provide our war fighters support in their mission to keep threats and vulnerabilities as low as possible by ensuring that their computer network is stable, undisrupted and secure so their lives and mission are not in jeopardy. This position will specifically support a Department of Defense (DoD) organization and will require some OCONUS travel.
- Gather detailed customer requirements to design, develop, and maintain an effective system.
- Work within a team environment to provide operations and maintenance support of SCCM imaging and application deployment.
- Daily maintenance of existing systems, deploying OS and application updates to workstations and servers, Operating System Image development, Application Virtualization, ECM Package and Software deployments, driver management and reporting on IT assets.
- Perform administrative tasks from the SCCM console, provide application support for the SCCM platform and create and maintain services and associated data.
- Gather requirements for, plan, and build images for Windows workstations and servers.
- Package, test and deploy automated desktop applications installations and patches within the SCCM framework.
- Test and validate IT systems security patches and hot-fixes as defined by Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO), and local security guidance.
- Support the distribution of security patches throughout the enterprise using Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Work in dynamic fast-paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Interface with both client managers and system users.
- Provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills to maintain accurate system documentation and provide training as required.
- Work with supporting technologies such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Windows PowerShell, Structured Query Language (SQL), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), and VSphere are necessary for continuing support of the enterprise environment.
- BA/BS + 3 years recent specialized or AA/AS + 7 years recent specialized or 11 years of recent specialized experience.
- Experience administering Windows 2012+ servers.
- 1+ years experience administering ECM or SCCM, and WSUS.
- MCSA Windows Server 2012 or 2016.
- Experience developing and maintaining ECM infrastructure while working within and outside of the team to accomplish requirements.
- Experience with major Microsoft technologies including PC and Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit , Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Office.
- Must have DoD IAT Level II certification (CompTIA Security+) prior to start.
- Must be TESA eligible.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security clearance.
- ITIL v4 – Foundation.
- PowerShell scripting background for automating tasks, developing reports, parsing log files and building packages is invaluable.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.