The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Supervisory Lead Logistics Specialist. This supervisory position is for a Lead Logistics Specialist who currently supports the Leidos contract for CECOM Force Modernization Division. This position will continue to execute a Lead Logistics Specialist position, but will also take on 1st level supervisory responsibilities for a local team of Leidos branch support personnel at Ft Gordon, GA
This position will report to the Leidos Program Manager for the Warfighter Readiness task order and is responsible for planning, organizing and maintain a high level of technical and instructional expertise in the subject area assigned.
1st Line Supervisor:
- Conduct weekly Timecard review and approvals; conduct expense report review and approvals
- Perform personnel management functions conducting regular interaction/communication with direct reporting personnel to review/discuss technical performance, upcoming technical goals, and address technical issues
- Work with direct reports to establish annual Leidos goals, document performance, and conduct yearly evaluations supporting annual merit increases
- Provide support to the contract Hiring Manager, Deputy Program Manager, and Program Manager to provide input for new position requirements, technical evaluations, local onboarding, Performance Improvement Programs, Firing/Layoffs, promotion, and SPOT awards for direct reports
- Develop written updates as necessary to support Program Management reporting to the Government and internally to Leidos
- Participate in weekly/monthly Program Management status meetings; provide written updates to support Government and internal Leidos reporting
- Over the course of your first six months as a 1st line leader, complete the Manager Essentials Course for First Line Managers via the Virtual Courses on PRISM and Skillport
Logistics Specialist Support:
- Serves as a Logistics Specialist under minimal supervision for the Force Modernization Division (FMD) of CECOM concerning materiel management and logistics operations for property accountability, maintenance, supply (all classes).
- Coordinates logistical program requirements support with other functional areas (e.g., training, operations, procurement, and financial management).
- Coordinates actions between communications-electronics command (CECOM), US Army Materiel Command (AMC), and other government agencies as required.
- Track and report Purchase Requests in coordination with the COR and Budget Analyst.
- Track and report the status of shipments of approved Purchase Requests.
- Assist the Government Logistics Specialist with the management of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Contractor Managed Equipment (CME).
- Track and report text book and other training material purchase requests, certification voucher purchase requests, and equipment purchases.
- Track of high dollar value items (over $500) for proper accountability
- Ensure all property is received and documented to the PBO.
- Act as a liaison between the vendor and the government Logistics Specialist
- Bachelors Degree and 4 or more years of directly related experience. Additional related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience with government logistics processes
- Experience with Global Combat Support Systems(GCSS-Army)
- Experience with Property Book
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment, under stress and within time constraints
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.