The BI Tools Lead Developer will be responsible for assisting the customer in providing management and guidance for all areas of WebFOCUS report development, including design, development, testing and user acceptance, implementation and production support.
Day to Day Duties:
Support all areas of WebFOCUS BI report development, from requirements through postproduction support. The role includes working with architects, lead and mentor software developers, lead business and technical discussions with programmers to facilitate the development of WebFOCUS BI Portals, Reports. They will use superior oral and written communications skills as needed to effectively present results, as well as, convey progress, issues, reports, and other customer deliverables with clarity and value. The developer may assist with documenting the conversion effort, including lessons learned.
- Demonstrated design and development skills using WebFOCUS 8, or above.
- Experience with version control software such as MKS and Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of both client/server and mainframe-based systems.
- Ability to independently and rapidly learn new technology, as needed
- Experience eliciting requirements that lead to identification of business rules.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level.
- Ability to explain complex technical and management information with conciseness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Ability to troubleshoot production report failures.
- Familiarity with extracting data from flat files, DB2, Greenplum and PostgreSQL databases.
- Self-managed with the ability to coach and mentor others.
- Communicate requirements and project architecture to stakeholders, developers and management.
- Familiarity with Greenplum databases and Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- Knowledge of, and experience with FOCUS.
- Ability to quickly learn new BI Tools as needed.
- Strong background in coding and testing Section 508 standards.
- Extensive technical experience with requirements analysis efforts for large-scale successful IT system implementations.
- Requirements analysis experience with identifying services and defining processing requirements in a SOA environment.
- Business Process Modeling experience to visualize, document, model and analyze business processes.
- Experience with managing resources, managing assigned work, maintaining technical liaison with the customer.
- Experience in identifying and conveying opportunity capture.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education & Certifications:
Bachelor's +7 years relevant experience, or Master’s +6 years relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.