Leidos is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to be a part of a dynamic team that architects, designs, develops, integrates, tests, certifies, and deploys cryptographic core products for the customer. Specific tasks include: Hardware and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design and Development; Embedded Software Development; Integration and Testing of Crypto Core Products; Test System Design and Development; Information Assurance Security Documentation, Evaluation and Certification; and Mentor Graphics tool suite configuration, tech support and maintenance.
- Develop, test, debug and document embedded software enabling custom electronic systems to perform all functions necessary to meet overall system objectives.
- Develop and implement test plans to verify that each embedded software function performs as intended. Utilize commercial test tools or develop and adapt custom hardware and software to exercise and debug embedded software.
- Analyze system requirements and develop an implementation plan complete with functional definitions and reasoned allocation of those functions between hardware and software components.
- Design and develop complete system test plans to prove that all system requirements are being met and are properly implemented.
- Develop systems and software testing and integration processes in support of new systems or new baseline deployments and align with Enterprise systems engineering and integration processes
- Provide systems test and integration support in the implementation of new systems or new baseline deployments
- Evaluate risks and impacts of proposed systems testing and integration processes
- Execute test and integration activities
- Support risk assessment of proposed systems testing and integration processes
- Support configuration control of systems testing and integration requirements
- Support evaluation and documentation of testing and integration activities, including evaluation of requirements satisfaction
Basic Qualifications & Education
- Minimum 6 years of embedded software development and test and integration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study and 4 years of relevant experience (an additional four years of experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.)
- Experience with C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with Bash and/or Tcl/TK scripts
- Familiarity with the Information Assurance Security Requirements Document (IASRD) and NSA Type 1 software security development practices
Security Clearance Requirement
Active TS/SCI with a polygraph. Must be a US Citizen
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.