The Leidos Civil Group is seeking an Electrical Engineering Supervisor to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC) team in (Virtual). The position will provide support to Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) EOSH ARC Flash & Electrical Safety Program.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supervising a team of electrical engineers & safety personnel to successfully complete the following: Review of construction projects to ensure compliance with electrical safety regulations; development and review of facility electrical designs to implement recommendations that reduce Arc Flash hazards; review and implementation of Arc Flash Risk Assessment (AFRA) Reports; revision of AFRA models for facility major renovations or modifications. Other duties will include: participation in the implementation of Arc Flash technical specifications and/or performance of AFRAs used to identify Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for working on energized electrical equipment; technical support to the FAA on general Electrical Safety issues, Power Systems study issues, Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Electrical Safety construction issues, and Arc Flash evaluation issues for small FAA facilities; and assistance with the development of Lockout/Tagout (LO/TO) procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree with 12 to 15 years of prior relevant experience. Master’s degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be capable of providing technical support for the review and implementation of Arc Flash Risk Assessment Reports.
- Must be capable of supervising a team of electrical engineers and safety personnel to meet the long term goals of the customer.
- Must be capable of updating Arc Flash analysis models for facility major renovations or modifications.
- Must have the knowledge to be able to develop facility electrical designs and to implement recommendations that reduce Arc Flash hazards.
- Must be capable of reviewing construction projects to ensure compliance with electrical safety regulations.
- Must be capable of lifting 20 lbs and completing physically demanding tasks.
- Experience in Electrical Safety and knowledge of associated safety standards (OSHA, NFPA 70E, ASTM).
- Exhibit excellent communication skills to be used in responding to electrical safety questions and performing program presentations.
- Previous work experience for/with the FAA is highly preferred.
- Prior work experience with US government managers, employees and programs.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.