Are you looking for a career change?
Here at Leidos we are looking for you, our next Semiconductor Laboratory Technologist to support a state of the art government laboratory located on Kirtland AFB, NM that conducts experimental research in semiconductor laser technologies for the Air Force Research Laboratory. You will maintain and repair a suite of semiconductor laser laboratory process and inspection tools as well as interface with government personnel on a daily basis on all aspects of operational requirements of the semiconductor laser facilities. Help us maintain a high level of organization within the laboratory to facilitate operations. You will exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions, and will contribute to the development of program goals and objectives.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Purchase support and procurement of supplies and chemicals needed for the full function of the semiconductor laser laboratory.
- Maintain and repair clean room and semiconductor laboratory and supporting equipment.
- Maintain a variety of semiconductor process and inspection tools, including molecular beam epitaxy, plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition, reactive ion etching systems, Fourier transform infrared spectrometer, metal evaporators, wet etch and X-ray diffractometer tools, and others, and may operate some of these tools.
- Work independently and in team environments while serving as the lead for all semiconductor tool maintenance and repair.
This is you:
- Associates degree in a technical or engineering discipline and 3+ years of hands-on experience in a laboratory environment.
- Experience maintaining a variety of laboratory tools and equipment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret security clearance.
- Proficiency with vacuum, gas and fluid systems.
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to independently diagnose and correct issues and problems with laboratory equipment in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with MS office products such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand and abide by Leidos and government safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to lift and transport items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in a clean room for extended periods of time while using a respirator.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- BS degree in a technical or engineering discipline and 10 years of hands-on experience in a semiconductor laboratory environment.
- Possess an active DOD security clearance.
- Experience with AFRL security and safety procedures and policies.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.