Ready for change? In our Albuquerque, NM office we are looking for a Senior Electromagnetics Project Engineer to perform a variety of designs and analysis for an applied R&D contract at White Sands Missile Range, NM. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing interesting analysis primarily in an office environment.
Fun stuff you will be doing on the job:
- Work with programs involved with Electromagnetic Effects testing including Lightning, Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), High power microwaves (HPM) and Electromagnetic compatibility/electromagnetic interference (EMI/EMC), Including work with Radio Frequency Antenna Design, Electromagnetic
Environments Modeling & Simulation, EM Simulator Development, instrumentation and data acquisition system design.
- Develop new technical solutions in support of functions strategy and operations for the Directed Energy branch at WSMR (SVAD) for Electromagnetic Effects (EME) testing including High power microwaves (HPM).
- Work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
This is you:
- Masters in Electrical Engineering with at least 10 years’ experience working with Electromagnetic systems and effects testing.
- Current TS clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience influencing development of electromagnetic solutions that impact strategic project/program goals including test planning and testing of subject targets.
- Demonstrate solutions of highly complex problems using application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Develop solutions that are highly innovative through research and integration of best practices.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
You will wow us even more, if you have these skills:
- Experience with Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Facilities.
- Experience with The Directed Energy branch at WSMR (SVAD) for Electromagnetic Effects (EME) testing including HPM/EMP.
- TS/SCI current clearance.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.