Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Specialist, Senior to work remotely. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
Splunk Enterprise Certified Administrator- Required
The Contractor shall perform support services within the Security Management Division. This division is charged with establishing a centralized security program to address security with projects.
Cyber Security Specialist, Senior will use security tools tuned and coordinated with the necessary security posture. The support services required include analyzing current security tools and datacenter environments to ensure all security environments needing attention get the attention required per policy and customization needed with the different applications or datacenter solutions. Support team shall also handle critical/important day-to-day Change Order management and current and future security tool architecture design.
- Manages various components of Splunk Enterprise on a daily basis, including license management, indexers and search heads, configuration, monitoring, and getting data into Splunk.
- Administer Splunk and Splunk Apps to include developing new or extending existing Apps to perform specialized functionality.
- Integrate Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources.
- Assist with training application and infrastructure teams not familiar with Splunk.
- Work closely with Infrastructure, Application, Development and Business or project teams on Splunk.
- Engage application and infrastructure teams to establish best practices for utilizing Splunk data and visualizations.
- Create and maintain engagement process and documentation related to architecture, operational processes and training material for Splunk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline plus 10 years of experience is required. 18 years of experience may be substituted for education.
- 3+ year of work experience with Splunk real-time processing architecture and dashboard design.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Government contract requirement
- Strong experience in Splunk configuration files and RegEx
- Must have expert experience with Splunk
- Linux CLI and Windows administration.
- Experience in requirements analysis engineering.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals, MQ, SFTP, SSL.
- Experience in Splunk DB Connect, ITSI, HEC is a plus.
- Strong communication, written, and verbal skills with the ability and comfort level to do presentations to potential and existing customer audiences of 5-30 people.
- Experience with system architecture, and/or databases a plus.
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Administrator- Required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.