Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
Leidos is hiring an Operational Energy Strategic Engagement Intern in Washington, DC. Leidos supports the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Operational Energy) with project management and policy support subject matter experts. Each year about $9B, or 7-8% of the Air Force budget has gone to purchase energy. Approximately 86%, or $7.2B, is operational energy (aviation fuel). The Air Force Operational Energy Program vision is to create an energy optimized Air Force that maximizes combat capability for the warfighter.
· Support Communications Lead with digital content creation, drafting, and editing (including social media, external website, graphics, articles, fact sheets, etc.)
· Support implementation of culture and behavior change strategy; Potential to assist with stakeholder research, interviewing, and focus groups
· Assist in updating strategic communications plan, goals, and messaging timelines
· Brainstorm creative concepts for digital content, editorials, and messaging campaigns
· Liaise with technical experts and division leads to fact check material, source ideas for new content, and coordinate feedback
· Help research and coordinate leadership speaking engagement calendar; Assist in development of presentations and briefings
· Assist in video production, including drafting script, sourcing b-roll footage, developing graphics, and coordinating with videographers/editors
· Candidates must be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, recent graduate or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Self-starter, able to think creatively and work independently
· Effective organizational and time management skills
· Strong understanding of content generation and marketing
· Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with key colleagues
· Interest in energy efficiency, aviation, and/or environmental advocacy
· Project management skills, with ability to manage multiple activities or projects
· Experience managing or contributing to social media profiles and activities on behalf of a business or nonprofit organization
· Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and other graphics tools
· Research & analytical skills
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.