Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is hiring two Operational Energy Support Interns in Washington, DC. Leidos supports the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Operational Energy) with project management and policy support subject matter experts. Each year about $9B, or 7-8% of the Air Force budget has gone to purchase energy. Approximately 86%, or $7.2B, is operational energy (aviation fuel). The Air Force Operational Energy Program vision is to Create an energy optimized Air Force that maximizes combat capability for the warfighter.
- Assist team with analysis of mission execution incentivization planning and implementation elements to determine how changes in policy, procedures, and techniques can increase energy efficiency in operations.
- Facilitate senior officer and other stakeholder communication/education relating to implementation of energy efficiency incentivization program or other operational energy initiatives.
- Assist team in evaluating fuel efficiency or supply chain resilience techniques, plans, or technologies and conduct business case analyses to justify future investment or implementation.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Self-starter, able to think creatively and work independently
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with key colleagues
- Interest in energy efficiency, aviation, and/or environmental advocacy
- Degree or experience in energy/environment, public policy, military operations, data analysis, management/organization change, marketing
- Proficiency in coding for data analysis (e.g. Python, Matlab) and business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau)
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.