Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a PACAF C5ISRO Senior Network Engineer at Hickam Air Base, Hawaii. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. The Senior Network Engineer contractor is recognized as the PACAF Intelligence JWICS Network subject matter expert providing command wide technical support/advice/concepts for design, installation, modification, test and evaluation, monitoring and servicing of this critical warfighting theater wide network; and other classified/unclass networks as required. The contractor will be required to conduct hardware/software maintenance on intelligence unit networked and non-networked intelligence systems. The individual will be responsible for the successful resolution of network or network related problems. This support includes coordinating with commercial vendors, government supported organizations throughout the theater, other contractors and the appropriate agencies for resolution of the most complex technical issues. This is an exciting opportunity to support our nation’s pivot to the Pacific.
- Provide network engineering technical services to include, but not limited to, advanced and complex analysis of network architecture and system performance to include the advanced evaluation of network architecture design and configurations
- Manage and be the SME for data transfer protocols in Cisco, Brocade and Solarwinds network hardware tools and platforms.
- The contractor shall be capable of designing, recommending, and implementing resolution of complex hardware and/or software solutions of multiple operating systems to maximize network performance.
- Contractor will research and develop systemic innovative solutions and implement industry best standards across the domain and multiple dispersed geographical locations (US and International)
- Manages and maintains key supporting services – Cisco Secure Access Control Systems (ACS), SolarWinds Orion Network Monitoring, and General Dynamics Encryptor Manager (GEMX).
- Responsibilities include programming Cisco and Brocade Routers, Switches, Switched Fabrics and Load Balancers.
- Provide technical services to include: project management, network management, and possess expert knowledge in systems interoperability, configuration and operational capability and limitations, C4ISR applications integration and optimization, and provide site surveys as required.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented, and possess project management skills – ability to brief complex problems/solutions to Government Senior Level Leaders (GO/FLAG/SES Level)
- 12+ years of experience in C5ISR IT/Engineering activities and maintaining classified networks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- TS/SCI Clearance required on day one
- CCNP, CCIE or BCNE Current Certification Required
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II – Preferably Security +
- Thorough knowledge of Cisco and Brocade network hardware platforms; experience configuring network devices
- Knowledgeable of supporting services – Cisco Secure Access Control Systems (ACS), SolarWinds Orion Network Monitoring, and General Dynamics Encryptor Manager (GEMX)
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented and possess demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting and project management skills.
- Industry certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, NetApp, and VMware
- Experience with USAF Intelligence related client software operating across a range of environments
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, DRA, Active Directory, SharePoint and Visio
- Network knowledge of OSI layers for troubleshooting and installations
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience programming Cisco and Brocade Routers, Switches, Switched Fabrics and Load Balancers
- Understanding of the virtualization environment covering disaster recovery, network analysis and fault isolation
- Knowledge of industry recognized configuration models such as CMM and/or ISO and experience and ability to implement Information Security practices in a Department of Defense environment is definitely a plus
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.