Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform procedural and office support tasks for one or more AUSAs in support of one of our federal agency customers in Tucson and Phoenix, AZ.
Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
Works under the supervision of a Task Supervisor.Types, edits, corrects, etc. documents, charts, tables, etc. as required.
Proofreads, edits, and corrects OCR'd text files.Responsible for routine file maintenance, including maintaining backup copies of original files, as well as working files.Performs quality control over own work and work of peers.
Performs simple maintenance on office machines such as copiers and fax machines.
Organizes and maintains correspondence files.Works fairly independently; does not require constant, close supervision.May serve in a coordinating role for a pool of Word Processors, monitoring workload and progress, and performing quality control.
Light typing, faxing, copying, and filing.
Operate a computer terminal, personal computer.
Maintain records (stored both manually and electronically)
Assist with verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness
Research on questionable data elements is thorough, and timely enters changes and updates.
Assist preparing case files for shipment to FRC and in closing and packaging files for shipment to Federal Records Center
Performs other miscellaneous tasks.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- At least two years of word processing experience, including one year in the specific office automation environment required (e.g., JCON 2a, MS Word Office 12/Microsoft Office 2003).
- Must be able to type at a minimum rate of 65 wpm with an accuracy rate of 95%.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of common office hardware, including personal computers, electronic media duplicators, scanners, facsimile machines, photocopiers, multifunction printers, telephones and similar equipment
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications.
- Ability to review a wide variety of documents, both legal and non-legal.
- Knowledge of Federal Records Center procedures, helpful.
- Current or active clearance.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020,
Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Word Processing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.