The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, an Optical Engineer to join our growing, high-performance sensors research team in the development and application of advanced sensing technologies.
- Work closely with other lab members on daily tasks of data processing, and collection
- Develop software (e.g. algorithms, performance models, etc.) and hardware (e.g. lab equipment, breadboard, etc.) solutions
- Provide quick-turn analysis / demonstrations while also developing long-term lab capabilities
- Setup and characterize a wide variety of laboratory equipment and military hardware
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- U.S. born citizenship with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- BS in physics or engineering with 4 years’ experience, MS with 2 years’ experience
- Experience in at least one of the following: systems design, performance modeling, hardware characterization, test & evaluation, rapid prototyping
- Active Top-Secret clearance
- MS in Materials Science or equivalent field with 2 years’ experience
- Experience developing both software and hardware
- Experience with LabVIEW, MATLAB, and programming
- Experience with image processing
- Experience with scientific instrumentation and data analysis
- Experience working with the Air Force Research Laboratory
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Optical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.